The U.S. Department of Justice has approved Antioch University Los Angeles as an institution of higher education in which non-immigrant students may enroll. A student from another country who wishes to study at AULA on a student visa must comply with all applicable U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) rules and regulations in order to be considered for admission. Applicants from outside the United States are required to apply at least twelve weeks before the start of a quarter. All application materials must be submitted by the International Application deadline. If materials are received after the deadline, then, upon completion, an application may be reviewed for consideration for admission in a subsequent quarter.

Applicants to all Antioch University undergraduate and graduate programs must be able to understand and communicate in English with a high level of proficiency in order to succeed in coursework.

Although a writing lab is available, Antioch University Los Angeles does not have ESL courses as part of the curriculum.

An international student applicant who wishes to attend Antioch University Los Angeles on an F-1 student visa must furnish the following when applying:

  • Demonstration of English language proficiency — International Applicants must submit official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or CELSA exam results. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), or 214 (computer-based), or 79 (internet test) is required; a minimum  IELTS score or 6.5 is required; or a minimum CELSA score of 70 is required.  If an applicant has completed at least one year of education in the United States or Canada, demonstration of English language proficiency requirement may be waived
  • Academic credentials - Academic credentials received outside of the United States must be formally evaluated for equivalency by an approved foreign credentials evaluation agency and by AULA. Foreign credentials evaluation providers generally charge a fee for this service. Applicants with foreign credentials not provided in English will be required to provide an Official English Translation through an approved secondary agency
  • Demonstration of sufficient financial support for a minimum of one year of study at the University - Applicants are required to complete and submit the International Student Data (ISD) form. This form will serve as written documentation of an applicant’s ability to pay the educational and living expenses for an AULA educational program, and will provide AULA with the information required to process an I-20
  • For applicants already in the United States on a visa – Applicants already in the United States must provide evidence of student status and eligibility to transfer to AULA on a student visa. An international student on an F-1 visa transferring from another U.S. school must submit the “Transfer In” form for F-1 Students after having been admitted in writing to Antioch University Los Angeles
  • Valid passport and visa information
  • Upon arrival in the U.S. a copy of the F1 Visa and a copy of the passport page with D/S stamped to the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) or Designated School Official (DSO)
  • Any additional information that may be required by federal, state, and/or local governments

If an international student is accepted for enrollment in one of the degree or certificate programs at Antioch University Los Angeles, the AULA designated school official will provide guidelines on U.S. immigration forms and steps to apply for a student visa through the U.S. consulate in the applicant’s home country. Admission to Antioch University Los Angeles does not guarantee that an admitted international student will receive a student visa. If a student visa is not issued in time for the program start, admission may be deferred until the following quarter.

Designated School Officials at Antioch University Los Angeles are empowered to issue and sign I-20’s for admission and for travel outside the United States. AULA does not provide visa services, but will vouch for student status.

Federal and/or State financial aid is not available for F-1 visa students. However, various private lending institutions offer private or alternative educational loans to international students. Most lending institutions require a student to have a co-signee who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid social security number in order to qualify.

Once admitted to AULA, an international student is required to consult with the school designated official(s) in the following specific instances or situations.

  • After initial admission or readmission to the University
  • Before considering any registration status other than full-time
  • When seeking assistance and information in cases of financial or medical emergency
  • When contemplating travel outside the United States
  • After the conclusion of the program of study
  • Regarding any questions about visas, extensions of stay, curricular or post-degree completion practical training, transfer of schools or academic programs, or any change of immigration status