Services for International Students

Antioch University Los Angeles is situated in one of the most diverse metropolitan areas of the United States. The cultural, social, and arts environment of Los Angeles provides a rich context for university study. International students are valued members of the AULA student body. The U.S. Department of Justice provides approval to Antioch University Los Angeles for attendance of nonimmigrant students.

The Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) or the Designated School Official (DSO) at AULA is authorized to issue and sign I-20’s for admission and for travel outside the United States. F-1 visa students are not eligible to apply for financial aid through state and federal government agencies. However F-1 visa students are able to research external grants and scholarships programs that may be available through privately funded sources outside of and independent of the University.

For purposes of admission into Antioch University Los Angeles, international students are defined solely on their citizenship/residency status. If a student does not hold citizenship or permanent residency in the United States, the student is considered an international student. The AULA Admissions Office, in consultation with the PDSO/DSO, advises and assists incoming international students regarding admission, campus orientation, academic advising and other legal issues, and other matters pertaining to their non-immigrant status in the United States.

Students from other countries who are studying at Antioch University Los Angeles on student visas are obligated to follow designated federal requirements in order to stay in compliance status with the U.S. (United States) Immigration Service.

The F-1 visa student must consult the PDSO/DSO in several important instances. These situations include reporting to the PDSO/DSO:

  • after initial admission or readmission to the University
  • before considering any registration status other than full-time
  • when seeking assistance and information in cases of financial or medical emergency
  • when contemplating travel outside the United States
  • after the conclusion of the student’s program of study, and
  • any questions about visas, extensions of stay, curricular or post-degree completion practical training, transfer of schools or academic programs, or change of immigration status.